Credentials, Administration & Reporting (CAR) Committee
A. Credentials, Administration and Reporting Committee (CAR)
1. The Candidate Handbook contains the operating procedures for:
a. the credentialing of candidates
b. the administration of the examination and preparation of results to candidates
c. the policies for certificate maintenance
2. The Handbook should be reviewed once a year or as needed with the appropriate staff member and recommendations for changes should be presented to the Board of Directors.
3. This committee is also responsible for handling candidate concerns regarding eligibility, the application process, administration of the exam, or ADA as needed. When a resolution to any of these is not clearly delineated then the concern should be brought to the Executive Committee for review and recommendations.
4. The Chair of the Committee is responsible for:
a. recommending committee members for appointment as needed
b. delivering a short written report for each AMCB Board of Directors meeting and as requested by the President
The Candidate Handbook must include information on the following items:
All committee appointments are made by the AMCB BOD on recommendation of the respective committee chairperson. Committee appointments are for a three-year term beginning January 1 the year of appointment, and are renewable for one second term for a maximum of six years on any one committee.
Qualifications for CNMs/CMs to serve on AMCB's committees include the following:
- Current certification as a certified nurse-midwife or certified midwife by the AMCB.
- Other qualifications or expertise specific to the individual committee.
To be considered for a position on an AMCB committee, you must submit a completed Consent-to-Serve Form (document below) along with your curriculum vita or resume.
Please submit all materials to the AMCB by e-mail by July 1. We will send your application to the appropriate committee chairperson who will communicate directly with you. The committee chairperson recommends committee appointments to the BOD for approval according to the specific needs of the committee.