1. Review the proposed annual operating budget presented by the executive director. After any appropriate revisions, the committee will accept the budget. The committee chair will then present the budget to the Board of Directors for approval.
2. Ensure that accurate, timely, and meaningful financial statements are prepared and presented to the Board of Directors.
3. Prepare recommendations to the Board of Directors regarding large expenditures outside the normal operating budget.
4. Prepare recommendations to the Board of Directors regarding auditing and investment firms when needed.
5. The Chair of this committee is responsible for:
a. recommending committee members for appointment to the Board of Directors.
b. delivering a short written report for each AMCB Board of Directors meeting and the President as requested.
All committee appointments are made by the AMCB BOD on recommendation of the respective committee chairperson. Committee appointments are for a three-year term beginning January 1 the year of appointment, and are renewable for one second term for a maximum of six years on any one committee.
Qualifications for CNMs/CMs to serve on AMCB's committees include the following:
- Current certification as a certified nurse-midwife or certified midwife by the AMCB.
- Other qualifications or expertise specific to the individual committee.
To be considered for a position on an AMCB committee, you must submit a completed Consent-to-Serve Form (document below) along with your curriculum vita or resume.
Please submit all materials to the AMCB by e-mail by July 1. We will send your application to the appropriate committee chairperson who will communicate directly with you. The committee chairperson recommends committee appointments to the BOD for approval according to the specific needs of the committee.
If you have any questions, please contact:
Carrie D. Bright, CAE, IOM
Chief Executive Officer